I don't know about you, but every year for Halloween it's the same dilemma. What to do? Well here is my list of free and cheap things to do on Halloween. Enjoy!
1) Pumpkin carving.
2) You can always grow your own pumpkins, use the filling for pumpkin pie and the pumpkin for a jack-o-lantern. Talk about thrifty!
3) Watching scary movies.
4) Have a franchise marathon and dress up as the villain. For example, watch all the Halloween movies back-to-back and dress as Michael Myers.
5) Read a horror book or short horror story collection. Plenty of choice to the right >
6) Get crafty and make your own Halloween decorations. Pinterest is great for that!
7) Trick or treating.
8) Halloween party (Look online for local parties in your area!)
9) Have a movie night with friends.
10) Buy a horror themed board game and invite friends or family over.
11) Go to a haunted house.
12) Go to a corn maze.
13) Go to a paranormal investigation event.
14) Go for a spooky walk with your significant other.
15) Head over to the movie theater.
16) Listen to a short horror story online or buy an audio book.
17) Go for a drive and check out people's Halloween displays.
18) Enter a costume contest. Free to enter, but some give away cash prizes. Check out your local listings!
19) The most random item on the list - and this is only free is you have a camcorder or smart phone with video recording abilities - is to make a short horror movie.
20) Pull Halloween pranks on friends and family. Just think about a person's age and medical conditions before doing any potentially dangerous pranks. Stick to punking the young!
21) Make a spooky cake.
22) Go camping with your friends or lover and tell ghost stories in the woods!
23) stay in a hotel for the night, one that is rumored to be haunted. If you can handle that.
24) Go and see a scary theater play. Woman In Black for example, originally started on stage before becoming a movie with Daniel Radcliffe. And the play is rumored to be far scarier than the movie!
25) Go to a carnival.
26) See a psychic or clairvoyant.
27) Invite friends over and use a spirit (Ouija) board.
28) For people in the UK why not visit Whitby? Dracula's first home in England!
29) Visit a cemetery.
30) Visit the Museum of Death in Los Angeles.
31) Go to a theme park on Halloween. They usually have all sorts of fun going on!
Did you enjoy this list? Did I miss anything? Don't forget to comment with your thoughts!
Oh and don't forget that candy!
To keep up to date follow
Facebook: Wesley Thomas Horror Author
Bestselling horror author, marketer, blogger, reviewer, business owner, freelance writer.